Electric bikes and electric scooters are becoming more popular in the United States. This is in part due to the rise of “shared mobility” services like Bird, Lime, Lyft, Uber’s Jump electric bikes, Spin and Wheels. These services allow riders to use a smartphone app to find and unlock nearby e-bikes or e-scooters, and then pay for the ride by the minute.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic, use of e-bikes aka scooters were declined as people were scared of using shared mobility services. Nevertheless, with the help of social distancing and face masks, e-bike and e-scooter use is on the rise again in many U.S. cities as people look for alternatives to public transportation.
The number of people who commute by foot or take public transportation is increasing, but it’s not always feasible for everyone. Scooter sharing companies offer an alternative option with their electric scooters that can be rented conveniently and at low cost – perfect if you need your transport quick!
Leading Electric Scooter Rental Sharing Companies in 2023
As the electric scooter market continues to expand, poised to reach approximately $41.98 billion by 2030, this is an opportune moment for electric scooter rental companies to establish their presence. To facilitate your entry into this burgeoning market, we’ve compiled a list of top eScooter companies that you can collaborate with or draw inspiration from to pave your path to success.
In 2020, the electric scooter market had already surged to a valuation of approximately USD 19.4 billion. Moreover, the global market is forecasted to experience a steady Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of around 7% from 2021 to 2028. This growth is propelled by an escalating demand for eco-friendly transportation solutions, driven by mounting concerns regarding carbon emissions and greenhouse gases. This trend is expected to foster the widespread adoption of eScooters throughout the projected period.
Due to the rise in the popularity of e-scooters many companies have started to emerge. If you’re looking for the best scooter sharing companies, we’ve compiled a list of the top contenders in the United States.
Top 5 Scooter Sharing Companies In US Are:
- Best Overall: Lime Scooters
- Best Discounts And Price: Spin E-Bikes
- Best For Commute: Lyft Scooters
- Long Rental Terms: Bird Scooter
- Best Technology: Veo Scooter
With a user-friendly mobile app, Lime has been our overall best pick because of its accessibility and positive reviews.
- Lime scooter can measure 20 miles on a single charge.
- Group Ride provides multiple features for group
- Offers Discount
Lime is an electric scooter and bike sharing company that’s available in 26 states across the United States. Users can rent their ride through either of Limes’ two apps: one for mobile devices or directly on Uber App! While some people report lower comfort levels with these boards, they go about 20 miles before needing recharging–which could be done anywhere there was access to electricity. Visit The Best Guide to know more about scooters..
Lime’s goal is to help communities thrive and make mobility more affordable. The company also hires locally, offers discounts through its Lime Access program for riders who demonstrate participation in an eligible public benefits program (upwards 70%), with the aim of increasing sustainability while maintaining affordability – all without compromising on performance!
Do you know how to start an electric scooter?
Ford Spin Scooter
The company is always looking for ways to make their products more affordable and accessible. They have just launched a new promo code, helmet discount program called Spin Access which will help riders get on board with sustainable transportation easily!
- Scooters can be rented for similar rates as other major scooter sharing firms.
- Users in San Francisco are eligible to receive a free helmet.
- Available in more than 48 cities across the U.S.
The new Spin scooter app is a great way to get discounts on safe, fun transportation! With this innovative service from Overade and promotional codes available for those who score 100% on its online safety quiz – not only can users save money with cheaper prices than buying helmet decorations but they also have access through the mobile location services which allows them find nearby locations where others may be sharing their ride too.
Bird has long been a favorite among riders for its monthly scooter rentals and quick process to return them.
- Scooters may be reserved up to 30 minutes in advance.
- The company has upgraded scooter model and e-bikes.
- There are a total of 54 cities in the United States where you may find it.
- The pricing and availability of scooters can only be viewed by depositing money into a user’s account.
Bird is an innovative company that launched the first shared electric scooters back in 2017 with one goal: make transit more accessible and sustainable.
Bird offers a stand-out option because it has nationwide coverage and upgraded scooter equipment. In addition, monthly rental options are not available elsewhere with long term rentals only being offered in Miami San Francisco Washington D.C., some college campuses , but users can take unlimited rides over the course of one month via delivery/pickup services.
Bird, the popular scooter rental service that has been around for a few years now is constantly evolving to keep up with its competitive landscape. One way they do this? Updating identity verification software on all of their fleet so no more young drivers getting addicted or injured while trying out these machines! The upgraded bird model comes not only as an increase battery life but also features like self-reporting damage sensors which will help prevent people from going through unnecessary repairs down the road.
Lyft Scooter Bike
Whether you need a ride, bike or scooter; with Lyft’s app it is easy to find the perfect match. The best part? You can take one of these vehicles from your location all around town—and return them right back at any time!
- Works with the Lyft app
- The scooter equipment is said to be of excellent quality.
- Company’s mobile app is well-liked.
- It has a smaller geographic presence than other scooter sharing firms.
If you’re looking for a way to get around town, look no further than Lyft. With everything from food delivery and ridesharing services (such as Uber)to scooter sharing options-you can choose which mode of transportation works best with your schedule!
The world of transportation is changing, and one way that it’s changing? Scooters! As of January 2021 you can now find scootering services available in Minneapolis; Denver San Diego Miami Los Angeles Santa Monica Washington DC as well at UCLA campus. You use your same ID for Lyft rideshare service on top o fusing with this new app.
Veo’s range of scooter options is the best in town because it offers both electric and gas powered traditional models.
- High-quality, sleek standup and seated scooters
- With a full battery, scooters can travel 31 miles.
- Many people recommends the application.
- Limited geographic availability
With more than 18 cities and university campuses across 14 states, VEO is on a mission to bring electric transportation solutions into every corner of our great nation.
VEO is a great option for those who want to take their electric scooter on-the go. The selection of vehicles and accessories available with this app make it easy, as you can buy everything online!
Check Out Cheap Nissan Scoot Electric Car.
Cutting down on driving but not wanting to walk all the way across town? Scooter sharing companies offer a low-cost and flexible alternative that is easy with just one tap of your phone! Simply download this app, locate scooters near you (it will tell), unlock them using either an accurate location setting or by entering in address where they should be located—and go ride some fun around town.
What Are Scooter Sharing Companies?
Scooter sharing companies are those which allow you to find and rent electric scooters from your phone.
How Much Do They Cost?
The average cost to use a scooter for one hour ranges from $0.15-$0.40 per minute, depending on where you go and who provides the service! Some companies will require users add money before reserving their ride while others charge with either an account or credit card directly (plus taxes).
What Are the Age/Height/Weight Restrictions?
Most companies require that riders be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver’s license.
There are also generally height and weight restrictions, so be sure to check with the company before you ride.
Where Are Scooter Sharing Companies Available?
Scooter sharing companies are available throughout the world , but the majority are currently in the United States.
Top 10 Scooter Sharing Companies Around The World Are:
- Voi scooters
Do You Know How Fast Does Bird Scooter Go?
Scooter Available Countries
- lime: Available in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Asia, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Eastern Europe, France and BENELUX, Israel, Latin America, Middle East, Northern Europe, UK&I, Southern Europe, US North, US South, and US West
- Lyft: Is Available in United States And Canada.
- Spin: Is Available in countries like Portugal, Spin also operates in Spain, Germany, the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom
- Bird: Bird scooter present in United States and other countries like Vienna, Austria, Brussels, Belgium, Paris, France, Tel Aviv, Israel
- Voi scooters: Available in 11 countries including: Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and United Kingdom,
- Wind: Wind scooters are available in France, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Korea. Norway, and United Kingdom.
- TIER: The company claims that its e-bike models are available in Bærum, Norway, York in the United Kingdom, and St. Gallen in Switzerland, as well as “several other European countries” this year.
- Superpedestrian: Available in 60 cities around Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, United Kingdom, Italy, France, Austria and United State.
- Jump: Available in 8 Countries including United States, New Zealand, Canada, France, Germany, Portugal, the United Kingdom, Mexico and Australia.
- Beam: Available in 6 countries including Australia, Malaysia, New Zealand, South Korea, Thailand, and Taiwan